June 01, 2013

Well its week two already and so far everything has been so awesome. The Pentecost at the Pantheon was beyond beautiful but moreover an indescribable experience, limiting it to words seems unjust and  I am so happy that I was privileged enough to attend. I can't believe how much I've already learned and yet I know we've barely even touched the surface, let alone scratched it. It's the kind of thing that makes you really hungry for more. The walking tours with Tom and Scott have been extremely educational and getting the opportunity to occupy the places we have been studying for months, or even a few years now, feels surreal. Its hard to explain the feeling because although there is almost this hallucinatory quality of a dream present, there is also an overwhelming sense of reality. Being here in the presence of such absoluteness, actuality, and authenticity has given architecture and art a whole new definition for me. They've become real. San Clemente and Ostia Antica have probably been my favorite places we've visited and studied so far, but its so hard to choose and I can't wait for more.


No comments: