June 17, 2013

Week 3

view from climb
The field trip to Atrani and Amalfi was probably my absolute favorite trip so far. I don't think I have ever seen such a beautiful place before my life. The journey there was a little less than comfortable, but I think that I made getting off the bus and realizing where we were just that much better. The night we arrived in Atrani we went right to dinner at a restaurant by the sea. In the morning a few of us went exploring to find nice sketching spots. After climbing for a bit we found this view (my sketch to the right doesn't do it justice). For the rest of the day I went around the town in search of subjects to sketch. Nicole, Sill, and I decided to take on the large beachside perspective. As a reward for finishing the drawing we were going to have some beach time. Night time in Atrani is amazing. We bought a bottle of wine and sat by the beach and just soaked in the scenery. In the morning we were served a croissant, roll, and a smiling cappuccino. The owner of the hostel put a smiley face on the foam with cinnamon. During the few days we were in Atrani we found that every person we encountered was extremely friendly and kind. The atmosphere of Atrani is something that is hard to describe, but I can't wait to go back.


.

No comments: