We started with a long day of travel on Friday with a break for several hours walking around and sketching in Paestum. The temples were so cool. It was everything I loved about Ostia Antica only much smaller as a whole but much larger scale buildings (at lease larger scale remains). The temples felt like they had been sitting vacant for a few hundred years not a few thousand. They were so well preserved.
When we finally reached Atrani that night the beauty of it all was somewhat lost on us. It was dark and we were all exhausted and possibly a little disoriented from the particularly horrible bus ride. This made it an even better surprise to wake up in the morning and see it in full day light.
The whole weekend was spent sketching, exploring, and hanging out on the beach. The town was surprisingly easy to navigate but very difficult to wrap your mind around to analyze. The uneven stairs going everywhere were extremely interesting. And the views were absolutely amazing. I just hope that someday I will get a chance to come back here.
No comments:
Post a Comment