June 13, 2013

Weeks 2 and 3: Ostia and Atrani

It has been crazy over here these past couple of weeks! We have been running everywhere and learning so much, I'm not sure my brain can take it all in! May 31st we went to Ostia Antica, which was phenomenal. It was full of ancient city ruins and we were given essentially free reign to explore once Matt was done explaining the significance of what we were seeing. I still can't believe I was able to spend a whole day here!
And after a week of touring with some of the most knowledgeable architectural historians I have ever met, and surviving our first pin-up, we travelled to Paestum and Atrani! And let me say, I never wanted to leave Atrani. It was not only relaxing, but I felt so inspired there that I managed to create some of my best work to date.
Paestum

 Atrani
I might not have been able to feel my legs after climbing up and down mountains, but I never wanted to leave this place!

No comments: