This past weekend we traveled to Atrani and the Amalfi Coast for the weekend, and all I can say is that it was truly paradise. From exploring the quaint little town and meeting the friendly locals, to busting out the watercolors on site for the first time, our time on the Mediterranean flew by. It was also really refreshing to get out of the city for the weekend and explore a completely different dynamic from a city that never sleeps. Overall I'd have to say one of the highlight was on our last morning sketching in the piazza with everyone. The locals walking through stopped to speak with us, admiring our work and interested in what we were doing. Three little boys that had been watching us for awhile decided to sit on the steps of the church facing us and pretend to sketch us between fits of giggles and shy waves. Atrani is truly a beautiful community and it was really incredible to be able to get a glimpse into it for the four days we were there. However by the end of the weekend I was ready to go home to Rome (which is still crazy to think I'm actually calling this place home).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment