June 28, 2013

Field Trip Part 2: Spoleto, Perugia, & Assisi

It seems that every time I leave Roma the trip is better then the previous adventure and Spoleto, Perugia, and Assisi did not disappoint. The only negative event that happened was getting lost in a forest for two hours....but I found some amazing views of Spoleto! I ended up running into Brandon and Nate by some miracle and we made it to the train station in time
. As I have said earlier the best way to find you way or discover something awesome is to get lost....or at least me that is how it works. Perugia is a place I will be returning to at another time in my life because well it is Perugia but really I discovered my favorite building connection. Of which I feel I have done my best sketch thus far even though it is still bare bones; I would visit Perugia to stand in the spot and sketch again. Later that day I made it Tempietto D. S. Angelo where I discovered crowds of people in the courtyard and on a Saturday I was completely confused about the function of the church. About 15 mins into my sketch I was interrupted by the honking of a white V.W. bug decked out in flowers that promptly escorted a bride to the entrance of the church. Once she stepped out there was cheering, clapping, and singing to start the ceremony and at this point I was not even upset I could not go inside the church; I wrapped up my sketch, snapped a couple pictures of the bug, and walked away with a smile on my face knowing this day was going to be amazing! Later on we eventually found Ass and oh man was this place wonderful! There were two castles, a church on a mountain (it felt like a mountain), and a street of my last name. I sketched from the Castle Rocca Maggiore for hours before checking off another bucklist item; smoke a Cuban cigar watching the sunset with a castle as the backdrop as Vivaldi, Antonio Summer concerto filled the air. The trips keep getting better and better! 



  

No comments: