Week 5 everyone has really settled in and we feel like real, native Romans. We've found our favorite restaurants, and where the best cappuccinos and gelato are. It's hard knowing we are already over the middle hump of the trip and most of us are trying much harder to savor our time here and appreciate everything we are doing here. This week weekend we went to Spoleto, Perugia, and Assisi. All three were amazing of course, but I would have to say I left a piece of my heart in Perugia. It was such an interesting city with many modern technological touches. There was the mini-metro, diagonal elevators, escalators and other modern wonders hidden throughout it's ancient streets. It was a town ahead of it's time and did an excellent job mixing the new with the old. I can easily say the most interesting city I have been too, and by far one of my favorites.
Me in Perugia, just behind me, out of sight is the urban diagonal elevator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment