The field trip to Atrani and Amalfi was and is by far the best field I have ever been on! Located on the coast (south east of Naples) it was a wonderful site to see these cities built into the extreme mountain topography. The truly fascinating feature I discovered was that they were linked together by building and streets! I mean go up these stairs, make a left, then right no left again, climb some more stairs, pause for an amazing view of the coast line, climb more and more stairs! Then all at once I was presented with Amalfi the brother or sister of Atrani. While in Amalfi (I made three trips) I was fortunate in my timing to see the church being used by its members. Also, found a wonderful paper shop where I picked up a hand made leather sketch book and the owner was cool enough to give a discount being an Architect student! One of the days a group us decided to brave a trip to Ravello which is about 45mins away and SO MANY STAIRS!!(it was connected the same way Atrani and Amalfi are) However, it was so worth the views, sketching "the wave", and exploring another town/city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment