This week went by really fast! We got back from Atrani and immediately were thrown into work mode. We had a couple of days to have work done for the pin up on Thursday so most of the week was spend working on only studio. We did have a water color exercise that was pretty frustrating. I am not a very patient person so it has been hard for me to accept the fact that I need to wait for the page to try before going over with another color. I will get better! Here is a quick watercolor that I went over with pen after--just experimenting with style. After the pin up Nicole, Crystal, Kayla and I headed to Pisa and Florence for the weekend! Our trip went very smoothly and as soon as we knew it we arrived in Pisa! Kayla and I had a list written down of restaurants and spots that we wanted to hit before we had to head to Florence, but had neglected to write down addresses. We wandered the town for about five minutes until we came upon a cute little cafe "Vintage". The special dish of the day was homemade pasta with fresh fish--which was fantastic. After a good meal we went to the Piazza dei Miracoli and saw the leaning tower, baptistry, and church. After taking our time with fun shots of the leaning tower we made our way to Florence. The walk at night that week took when we first arrived was really something special. Florence is beautiful and the grid layout of the town is really refreshing after living in Rome for an month. The next morning we headed straight to see David. The rest of the day was mostly us wandering the town and making sure to see churches like Santo Spirito, which by the way is very crowded at night! I really enjoyed the different style of architecture found in Tuscany.June 17, 2013
Week 4
This week went by really fast! We got back from Atrani and immediately were thrown into work mode. We had a couple of days to have work done for the pin up on Thursday so most of the week was spend working on only studio. We did have a water color exercise that was pretty frustrating. I am not a very patient person so it has been hard for me to accept the fact that I need to wait for the page to try before going over with another color. I will get better! Here is a quick watercolor that I went over with pen after--just experimenting with style. After the pin up Nicole, Crystal, Kayla and I headed to Pisa and Florence for the weekend! Our trip went very smoothly and as soon as we knew it we arrived in Pisa! Kayla and I had a list written down of restaurants and spots that we wanted to hit before we had to head to Florence, but had neglected to write down addresses. We wandered the town for about five minutes until we came upon a cute little cafe "Vintage". The special dish of the day was homemade pasta with fresh fish--which was fantastic. After a good meal we went to the Piazza dei Miracoli and saw the leaning tower, baptistry, and church. After taking our time with fun shots of the leaning tower we made our way to Florence. The walk at night that week took when we first arrived was really something special. Florence is beautiful and the grid layout of the town is really refreshing after living in Rome for an month. The next morning we headed straight to see David. The rest of the day was mostly us wandering the town and making sure to see churches like Santo Spirito, which by the way is very crowded at night! I really enjoyed the different style of architecture found in Tuscany.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment