Until last year, I didn't think that places like Atrani existed outside of movies. After experiencing it last summer I had high hopes for round two. And I was not disappointed. The weather was beautiful and the landscape and the sea were even more beautiful. After a few hours at Paestum and a long bus ride down the coast we arrived into Atrani after dark. After dropping our bags in the hotel (same room and same bed as last summer) a group of us headed out to grab some dinner. I have officially started a list of foods that I need to learn how to cook. The meal from that night is right at the top and is probably the best meal that I've had this summer thus far. It was home made pasta with shrimp and zucchini that was cooked until it was soft and almost started to form a sauce. It was so good that I went back a few nights later and had the same meal. The next few days were filled with sketching, stairs, beach time, and more stairs. The water in the sea was warm and salty and pieces of worn glass and old tiles wash up along the shore. On the last day, we woke up at 5:30 to try and see the sun rise over the water but got to see the sun break through a bunch of clouds instead. After the sun rose Annie and I and walked over to Amalfi and hiked up the hillside on a small trail and found a set of old abandoned buildings that bridge a stream that runs down to the town. I have no idea about what the buildings were or when they were left behind but I might have to try doing some research. We had beautiful views on the hike to end a fantastic weekend!
June 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment