June 17, 2013

Atrani, Amalfi, Florence, and a Whole Lot Inbetween

Here I am, back in Rome.  Just spent a pretty awesome weekend in Florence.  The streets are much more open and the people were very inviting there. Made a few new friends and ran into some old ones studying abroad.  The leather was awesome. Too bad I already lost one of the things I bought, but what are you going to do? These things happen.  I walked everywhere. My feet haven't been this sore in my memory.  I have a blister for the first time I can remember too.  I don't know how I'll make it through the walking tour tomorrow.  I'm sure it'll be worth it though.

Atrani and Amalfi were awesome. Best part of the trip so far.  The beach was relaxing, food was great, and the places to draw seemed endless.  In particular I enjoyed the mountain backdrops behind a lot of the scenes.  I highly recommend going there and if I ever get the chance  I will certainly return to it for a week.

Classes are hard.  Finding a moment to sit down and relax seems almost impossible at times.  The workload will probably make me better in the fields we're studying though.  The group dynamic is pretty good. Putting a bunch of very individual people in one place can be risky, but we manage pretty well. Looking forward to where the summer goes form here.

No comments: