June 18, 2013

Week 4

So this weekend I got the opportunity to go exploring in Florence and Pisa! It was so cool being able to travel more independently with only a couple people, even though we had a moment or two of slight scares...  but it's really valuable to know how to travel without Matt showing you where to go.
In Pisa Dylan and I had pizza in front of the leaning tower of Pisa, which made us feel really cool. Then we went into the Duomo and the Baptistry. Jaclyn and I went to the second level of the Baptistry and were able to get a really cool view of the Duomo and the Leaning Tower peeking around it.
And the Duomo was amazing inside too! A bit crowded though, which took away from some of the awe it might have otherwise inspired.
After a few hours in Pisa (that's all I would really recommend to be honest...) we set out for Florence. We made some friends with our hostel roommates and explored the city before having the best food of my entire life! And it was cheap too!
We spent a good portion of our time in Florence wandering, but we were able to see David. The Laurentian Library was closed though. Despite all that, Florence is a beautiful city, and it was great getting to see a large city which is so different from Rome.
 Duomo in Florence

Florence waterfront

No comments: