June 19, 2012

Week four


Week four is over! My time in Rome is half over, time is going so fast that it makes my head spin! Two major things happened last week: 1. There was a baroke walking tour 2. We had our very first critique!

The Baroque tour. 
            The Baroque walking tour was not only informative, but I found it to be inspiring and interesting! These churches are very intricate lightly colored and have very complex and symbolic floor plans. The patronages for these churches get increasingly more complex and interesting throughout history. I have started taking notes in my notebook during the tours and from the Baroque tour I have 10 pages of things I found interesting and notes on things that I need to research later.  This has been an amazing experience for me! I have never been so active in learning things not only because I need the credit but also just because I’m interested.

Me pinning up for the critique!
            We also had a critique, which I am still catching up on sleep from!  WE created two different designs and voted on which ones we should continue further. I thought that this was very interesting and it provided more in depth discussion and was extremely helpful for me.

No comments: