This past week I have done a TON of traveling around. It has been very nice, especially because I am figuring out how to get places and how to do things on my own (plus Ciera) rather than being in a big group and following. Last weekend Ciera and I took a train up to Florence on Saturday morning and stayed the night, and then came back to Rome late Sunday night. We were going to go to Siena on Sunday, but we simply couldnt see what we wanted to see in Florence in one day. While we were there we visited the Galleria degli Uffizi, Galleria dell'Accademia, the Duomo, and Giardino di Boboli, which were all fantastic, and I would highly recommend all of them.
This weekend (yesterday) Ciera and I took a day trip to Cinque Terre. It was a beautiful place, but also very similar to the Amalfi coast, just a little more tourist-y. But the food there was hands down the best that I have had since I have arrived in Italy. I would take the train over there again just for the food! There was also a national park there which allowed us to hike along the coast line, with some great views, along with some great unpopulated swimming/rock jumping areas.
This past week on Tuesday was also went of a great tour with Jeffery of some Baroque Churches. His tours are always great, because not only does he have a lot of information, but he takes us to places that we would have never found on our own.
June 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment