June 10, 2012

scoperta e l'apprendimento

Although it had been three weeks already I still cannot speak Italian. At all. Somehow the Italians find the patience to tolerate my broken words and horrible accent. Usually, both parties and in laughter, which is a great way for me to continue to learn about this amazing place with such beautiful language and rich history.


Some still standing ancient columns at Ostia Antica
This week we went on a walking tour educating us about the Renaissance in Rome, the tour was very informative and I took so many notes! I enjoy tours very much because just walking around rome I can notice more historical things and recall the time period(s) each place came from!
A nuance that was noticed from what I learned durning the renaissance tour. 
Later on in the week we went to Ostia Antica, which was fascinating. The ruins in combination with natural growth always provide and inspiring space to learn, sketch and photograph. I did a few sketches and even took a stab at watercoloring some poppies, which are my grandmothers favorite.
Ostia Antica
I am continuing to fall more in love with this city the more I learn about it. I cannot wait to see what things unfold in the next weeks to come.

No comments: