Outside of scheduled school activities a few of us took a day trip to Hadrian’s Villa, just outside of Tivoli, about eighteen miles out of Rome’s city limits. The journey to Hadrian’s Villa consisted of two parts. The first was taking the metro line, which took us most the way, followed by a bus. The Villa was a retreat from the city for Emperor Hadrian. I did not expect the Villa to be as large as it was. There were so many different structures, pools, baths, and orchards, the landscaping features were extensive! The model was the when the sheer size made an impact on me. Understanding Hadrian’s character and the influence he had on Rome with the construction of the Pantheon is seen replicated throughout the Villa.
- Visible Architectural features also seen in the Pantheon
As we start week five I am already starting to dread the day I have to leave. I must simply keep taking advantage or the time that I have here now, and plan to return soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment