June 11, 2012

Best Week So Far

WOW! Its hard to believe we have been here for almost a month.  I am starting to feel more and more comfortable with my surroundings, though. It kind of feels like home here now. I know my way around a lot better than I did when we first got here. I am still struggling with the language a little, I keep wanting to speak in Spanish! Its been such a great experience so far. I know I am not going to be ready to leave when it comes time.
This last week, we did a lot of sketching and watercolor exercises which was very helpful in improving my technique.  We also went on one fantastic walking tour, talking about renaissance churches and palazzi around Rome.  Last Friday, we went to a beautiful place called Ostia Antica, just a little ways outside of Rome.  The history there was very interesting, and it was filled with old mosaics from hundreds of years ago! They were very beautiful.  There were also lots of little places to explore there and I enjoyed finding little rooms and people's old homes from so long ago.
After that, me and a few of the others from the group went to the beach and it was fantastic! There were a fair amount of waves and we did a little body surfing. Then we napped for a few hours in the sun. it was the perfect start to the weekend! Which was then filled with lots of relaxing, shopping and nightlife fun.  All in all, it was one of the best weeks I've had in Rome, and I can't wait to have more like it! The end is fast approaching and there is still so much left to do!!

No comments: