| View of the city from the dome of St. Peters. |
![]() |
| Map of Field Trip |
It gets hot in Rome during the day,
I realized that this week for sure! At the beginning it was pretty difficult to
adapt, but over time the heat gets much easier to deal with. When it first began to get hot I thought that I wouldn't be able to do anything during the day until it cooled down. Now I’m not having a problem with the heat at all, I just have to remember to drink a lot of water.
I learned so much this week, in
class and through my own personal exploration. We went to St. Peters, which was
completely amazing. After Matt gave us a quick lesson in the complex history of
St. Peters, we explored the interior, which was very ornate and took time to
look at it all. Afterwards, we climbed to the top of the dome of St. Peters and
looked at the entire city. Best view of the city so far.
This weekend we went on a trip to
Umbria, and saw Spoleto, Perugia, and Assisi. All three of them were lovely
hill towns each filled with their own unique charm. Assisi was my favorite
city, It is home of St. Francis and the city of peace. I found it to be
extremely peaceful. My favorite experience from the field trip (other than
getting to ride on the train again,)
was watching the sunset over the city at an old castle, It was beautiful
and it was great enjoying the company of the many friends I have made while
being on this trip.
| The sunsetting over Assisi |
Just today I went and explored more of Rome, the more familiar I get with it the more I fall in love. I studied my piazza and I'm beginning to think that I could study this city forever, there are so many layers and each of them are so different! I cannot wait to explore more of Rome and I am already beginning to feel that I am running out of time.

No comments:
Post a Comment