
I have to say that all our walking tours have been fabulous. I feel so privileged to be able to walk around this city with men who are so knowledgeable. It wouldn’t be the same without them. In particular the Borromini and Bernini tour we were able to go on with Jeffrey Blanchard was captivating. He had me mesmerized for about four hours, doing nothing but describing a brief history of the life and works of those great artists. The way he is able to twist history into this incredible ongoing story, recalling dates and names and times without a glance at a single page of notes. It’s awe inspiring the amount of knowledge that just seeps out of him as a person. He really is a pleasure to listen to.
I was particularly taken back by San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane. I can remember sitting in my architectural history class in Moscow last fall, thinking how amazing it would be to actually be in that place I was seeing on the projection screen. Dreams really do come true because I have been to several of them at this point. The church itself is small but so beautiful. It’s not ornamented like other churches with marble and gilding but rather a mix of gothic and classical elements, so complex. It really is an amazing space.
A quick thanks to all our tour guides (Matt included), your hard work makes this experience what it has been so far!
I was particularly taken back by San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane. I can remember sitting in my architectural history class in Moscow last fall, thinking how amazing it would be to actually be in that place I was seeing on the projection screen. Dreams really do come true because I have been to several of them at this point. The church itself is small but so beautiful. It’s not ornamented like other churches with marble and gilding but rather a mix of gothic and classical elements, so complex. It really is an amazing space.
A quick thanks to all our tour guides (Matt included), your hard work makes this experience what it has been so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment