June 21, 2009

Unforgetable.

So in an attempt to catch up with my blogs, I'm back with another for the week :) These last couple days have been very personal to me. We were able to tour the works at Villa Borghese on Friday and I was in awe the entire two hours we were able to set foot and tour inside. Some of the works I was most fascinated by include the marble sculpture of Apollo and Daphne as well as of Pluto and Proserpina both by Bernini. We were also able to witness the Last Supper painting, by Bassano. No words can explain the thoughts running through my head during that time, truly unforgetable.

Last night a few of us were able to return to Sant'Ignazio for a choir concert performed by The Grace Cathedral Choir of Men and Boys. They were touring and based out of San Francisco, California. Waiting for the concert to start, I wasn't sure what to expect at first; however, once they opened their mouths I was blown away. I never knew a guy's voice could go that high, thats for sure. There were points during the concert where a few of us had to pull out our camera's and press the record button. During one of the performances, Gregorio Allegri (1582-1652)--Miserere mei, Deus half of the group was singing up front while the other half started singing from behind us. It was a crazy experience. Another song, the director moved to just a few rows infront of us, where the group was split up on both aisles surrounding us and singing back and forth.

Finishing up week four, I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Roma is definently starting to grow more on me each day as I walk down familiar streets and turns. School is picking up, so just trying to make the most of it all while I still can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh jess, didn't you do a sketch of the outside of this building?