June 30, 2009

Uncomparable Amalfi

I decided to hold my comment about the Amalfi Coast until after we had gone to the Umbria region; compare and contrast as it were. Well, to say its comparing apples with oranges would be an understatement. More likely, comparing apples to cats. Both regions were beautiful in their own way, but very different ways. So I’ve decided to talk about the trips and expereince in separate posts anyway. The Amalfi coast is set into the hills and encased by the sea. With gorgeous colors and nooks and crannies galore, it was easy to get lost in thought and in place. You could always figure out where you were by descending to the road… (yes, that’s singular). I was able to hike up to Ravello as well which was a fabulous hike. The views from up there were amazing as they overlooked the sea and all the surrounding hill sides. I wouldn’t want to live there, but this was a very amazing place to relax for the weekend. The following is my watercolor of the Atrani coastline. One of my first watercolor attempts ever.

No comments: