Week three is almost over and time seems to be flying by. The walking tours this week were both really incredible, and it almost goes without saying that being able to see some of Raphael and Michaelangelo's paintings, including the Sistine Chapel, was absolutely breathtaking. The "School of Athens" piece especially stood out for me. There is just something about the perspective, the proportions, and the subject matter that make it a simply stunning piece, I definitely lost myself in that painting for a while. Again, the amount of awesomeness in Rome doesn't cease to amaze me, and even simple things like having a picnic or playing soccer with the locals are memories that I hope I will never forget. Can't wait to go down to the coast and relax on the beach, and do some extensive sketching.
June 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment