We also visited three of the main churches in Rome: St. John Lateran Cathedral, Santa Maria Maggiore, and St. Peter's Basilica. We got to experience mass in St. Peter's completely by accident, and that was an amazing experience. These churches are all so beautiful and gigantic, it's hard to absorb. St. Peter's was the strangest because even though it's the biggest church by far, it doesn't seem that large in relation to itself. I'm really glad we took the time to see all of these amazing places.
Probably my favorite thing we did, though, was rent vespas. We took them all around Rome, and out to the catacombs of S. Callisto. Rome traffic is incredibly scary, but cars are surprisingly aware of scooters, and pay close attention to what is happening around them, which makes things a lot easier. Being able to get around so easily in Rome from one side of the city to the other just blew my mind. We drove past the Colosseum, which was amazing to see. We also survived Piazza Venezia.. multiple times!! I'm so glad we did it, no matter how scared I was in the beginning.We are half way through the summer, and I am dreading having to leave this amazing place. I can't wait to see what other adventures this last month will bring :)
No comments:
Post a Comment