June 16, 2011




Saturday morning we met up with the rest of the group to do some sketching on our own. So I went to the church at the top of the hill that over looked that water, Saint Mary of the Sea. This was an interesting church and had amazing views of both Atrani and the ocean it overlooked. So while we were up there I decided to sketch the elevation of the church first then it started to rain so had to move inside and decided to draw the plans of the church. While in the church we were sketching and what amazed me most was how nice the people were in the church, showing us around the church and giving us pamphlets about the history and style of the church. They were even trying to communicate with us even though their was the language barrier, I found it the most interesting when communicating with people through hands and still can understand each other. That was some of the most interesting things about the trip to Atrani, was the fact that it was such a small town and the ways to communicate were much different.
Also another favorite part of the trip was the beach! Spending all day at the beach was perfect to me, I got very dark and swam a lot!

No comments: