June 09, 2011

Capitoline and Vatican Museums...


This last week has a been a tiring one. I'm exhausted from studio, but after today's critic/discussion on our projects, I feel inspired and motivated. The trip to The Amalfi Coast could not come at a better time. It will be a nice break from the noise and chaos of Rome. It should be a great weekend. Earlier in the week, I was amazed of how much history is here in Rome. We visited the Capitoline Museums at the Campidoglio and also the Vatican Museums. At the Capitoline, the original Marco Aurelio Statue was inside in full splendor. Dozens and dozens of statues upon a maze of hallways and exhibition areas were just amazing. And then the Vatican Museums were mindblowing. We gave up seeing the Pope speak to the masses to see the exhibitions, but it was worth it. I can see him on another wednesday morning. The Sistine Chapel and the Creation. Enough said. It was a chaotic experience. So many people shoving and rushing through trying to get pictures, it was hard to take it all in. However, the museum overall was just amazing. The past and present works of art were beautiful. It was a great week.

No comments: