What a weekend! It was an amazing fun weekend on the Amalfi Coast. Our first stop on our way there was Paestum, home of Temple of Hera I and II. It was different than what I expected. It was so much better than just seeing photos in a textbook. Once you see the ruins and temples in their context, everything makes sense. The history of the place, its meaning, and its legacy. But the trip to Atrani on the Amalfi Coast was an unforgettable one. Atrani treated us like family. Everyone knew everyone and the people greeted you as you walked by. It was a place with many great aspects. I spent that weekend eating great seafood, hitting up the beach, hiking the trails, and eating a dinner in Ravello. This past Sunday, the fantastic five were born. We embarked on a hiking journey that took us to this amazing lookout over Atrani and the neighboring town of Amalfi. We also visited this medieval tower that was once used to defend the coast of invaders. There is a series of towers all along the coast, to protect the coastal towns empires of the past.
Later that day, we decided to treat ourselves to dinner in Ravello. We decided to take the bus up there. Our adventure to Ravello was worthwhile. We visited the duomo there, hangout in the piazza, walked through the town, until we stumbled upon, well Matt Boker made reservations, this nice restaurant with an amazing view of the town and coastline. Overall, I had a great time hanging out with everyone, making new friends, and sketching all over the place. I know that the Amalfi Coast, just like Rome, is on my personal agenda to go back to someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment