June 02, 2011

Adjusting to Rome


I'm still as excited to be here in Roma as the day I arrived. I feel much more comfortable and I have adjusted to my awesome roommates, the beginning of studio work, and I can get around the city much easier, without having to pull out my map every five minutes. Last Saturday, I went to St. Peters. It was just a breath taking moment. I might not be too religious, but I respect that space and its meaning to hundreds of thousands of people around the world. Then,on Tuesday we visited the Palatine, Roman Forum, and Colosseum. These places are full of history and teach us so much about the beginnings of the city of Rome and its development over time. The most moving moment for me was the walk to the Colosseum. I already know that I will come back to Rome someday... after my two month stay this summer which has been an amazing experience so far.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

didja notice the restoration work done on it? that black crust is nasty!!!!