Just past the halfway mark, and I am starting to feel pretty at home here. Normal interactions with locals are carrying on with little or no hiccups which is definitely enjoyable. The modern tour was an interesting view of Rome, definitely weird to see buildings which opened a year ago with buildings that are a thousand plus years old not too far away. The highlight of this week though was probably our scooter extravaganza. Whizzing through Piazza Venezia and all over town in our little wolf pack with little inhibition was a very freeing experience. Our only real planned destination was the Catacombs in Opia Antica, and I would definitely recommend checking them out if you get a chance.
June 23, 2011
Week 4
Just past the halfway mark, and I am starting to feel pretty at home here. Normal interactions with locals are carrying on with little or no hiccups which is definitely enjoyable. The modern tour was an interesting view of Rome, definitely weird to see buildings which opened a year ago with buildings that are a thousand plus years old not too far away. The highlight of this week though was probably our scooter extravaganza. Whizzing through Piazza Venezia and all over town in our little wolf pack with little inhibition was a very freeing experience. Our only real planned destination was the Catacombs in Opia Antica, and I would definitely recommend checking them out if you get a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment