Today was Festa della Repubblica Italiana which is a national celebration similar to the 4th of July in the United States. It is celebrating the fall of fascism and the Italian people being able to choose their form of government on June 2nd 1946. It was an incredible procession with the troops wearing all the different uniforms of all the seperate branches of military which as it turns out there are a ton of them in Italy. Still a very good experience overall! Something I think anyone here on the 2nd of June should do.
Lately Rome has opened up a very small amount to me and I think that I have slightly been able to understand how the city works and the culture. Only very slightly though. A lifetime really is not enough for this eternal city but hopefully I can understand at least a small part of it while I am here. I have found many things that I don't understand but also many things that I love about this city. The food (while I can't seem to find enough) is always very good and I am trying new things that I haven't before including anchovies which aren't bad in my opinion! I also love the attitude of most of the people. People seem to be truly kind in their disposition which is a great thing and not always common in the US. The city really has so much to offer and I will dive back in! Until next week,
No comments:
Post a Comment