Last weekend, while 4 of the 6 people in my apartment were traveling around Italy and France, I decided to take the bus up to the Hardrock Cafe. I had noticed the restaurant on the way to Museo Borghese, and the thought of a big cheesy burger had been lingering on my mind ever since. We got there at about 20:00, only to find out that there would be an hour and fifteen minute wait. Added to this, I had been fasting all day in preparation for the meal I was destined to consume. We decided to wait, and took our buzzer and went exploring around the neighborhood. First we went window shopping for watches, at which point I realized just how ritzy the neighborhood was. The highest price tag we found on a watch was about 5,000 Euro, but we found a fountain pen and stand priced at 16,000 Euro. This was nothing compared to what we were about to encounter.. a yellow, 2010 Ferrari. I have seen multiple Ferraris around the city, but this particular beauty put them all to shame.
Once our buzzer finally went off we were led to an outdoor seating area of the restaurant, glazed on all 4 walls, with nice views of the street and sidewalk. The wait paid off, as we were seated just as the second half of the Cameroon vs. Denmark soccer game was beginning. I realize it is slightly absurd to seek out a hamburger in a place like Italy, but I had been away from home for a month, and I was really starting to miss bacon and cheddar, two commodities unknown to Italy. I got the 10 oz. sirloin bacon cheddar burger with carmalized onions and cajun seasoning, with a vanilla milk shake on the side. It exceeded my expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment