June 18, 2010






So much has happened in the last week that I'm not sure where to start. Last weekends trip to Atrani on the Amalfi Coast was awesome! Its by far the most spectacular coast line I've ever experienced and I enjoyed every minute of it. There was so much stuff to do. The majority of my weekend was spent exploring, sketching and recharging my batteries at the beach. Walking around Atrani was a workout in itself. The entire city is built on stairs. You really cant go anywhere in the city without climbing at least one or two sets of stairs and many times several sets are required to get to where you want to go. So building up a sweat was pretty easy to do. But, the Mediterranean was just a stones throw away and during the middle of the day, it was an awesome way to quickly cool down.

On our final morning in Atrani, a group of us decided to climb to Ravello, a small town that sites above Atrani. It took us a good hour to make it up, we went walked the wrong way for a good 20 mins, so we fell way behind pace. Ravello was a nice little town that had some awesome views of the sea. Once we got there, the sketchbooks came out and we took a solid hour sketch break and explored the city some. The hike down went much smoother.



The Amafli Coast is one of those places you really wish you didn't have to leave. The only way I was able to get myself to head to the boat to leave was to promise myself that I would one day come back. Its one of those few memories that I'll never forget.





No comments: