(Termini)
Friday was an interesting start to a great weekend. We all started out at Termini together and then got on a train to Paestum. Termini is this gigantic train station that has 20 or so platforms and almost felt like an airport to me. Termini is the end of the line for all people coming to Rome and is not an average station along the line. After the ride we arrived at Paestum and it was and is one of the most interesting places I have yet to see while I have been in Italy. Paestum is a Greek settlement and if I remember right it was founded in 600 b.c. Yet, for 2,600 years old it still was in very good shape. It has two of the three best preserved greek temples in the world and it is in Italy!(Paestum)
After Paestum we started heading to Atrani which was our final destination for this trip. We took a crazy bus ride from where we got off the train at Salerno that seemed like it was going to hit every car and every moped that passed by. The roads were clearly not made with buses in mind. I did really enjoy the sights from the bus though and all the small valley towns we passed through although I seemed to be the only one who did. The arrival in Atrani was an amazing feeling. The valley is stunningly beautiful and many people compared it to the movie Avatar about how the mountains were so steep and how they looked. The beach was also a huge attraction and I was able to go everyday I got a decent burn there but it was worth it. I hope someday to be able to go back to this coast area. After Atrani we headed back to Rome and finally some rest at least for a night. The eternal city never seems to slow but the speed is what entertains me. Until next week,
No comments:
Post a Comment