This morning Ciera, Adriana and I woke up at 5:30 to go and walk around Roma one last time before the streets and piazzas were full of bustling workers and tourists. After waking up Kev-dog from the apartment next door by throwing things through his window to wake him up, all four of us were off to see the town. It was painful waking up, but SO SO worth it. It was cool and the sun was rising that left a beautiful glow on the buildings. There was not a single person in Piazza Navona (pictured above) and in the Pantheon piazza there were only 3 other people. It was quiet and I noticed things that I hadn't noticed all summer on the buildings and in the spaces we were in. It was this surreal moment of feeling like we were the only ones in a deserted city and it was so beautiful and unlike anything we had experienced all summer. After giving the Pantheon a hug goodbye, we made our way back to Trastevere. It was the best and proper way to bid farewell to the Eternal City that stole my heart. I will be back Roma.
Xo, Meghan
No comments:
Post a Comment