July 20, 2014

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."



Tonight is the last night of being in Roma and it's a bittersweet feeling.  I have loved my time here in Roma so terribly much... It has been the biggest learning experience and most fun time.  I have loved the amazing places I have seen, people I have met, and memories that have been made.  As a last hurrah for the people who are still here, we went to this great restaurant in trastevere over by piazza trilusa.  As we sat down to our last plates of Roma pasta and pizza, a man playing guitar came inside and started singing loud and proud as our entertainment for the night.  He was very fun and had the restaurant clapping and laughing and singing along with him.  As our meal was ending, the finally song that the man sang was "Arrrriiiiivviderrrcciiiii Rommmaaa" and there was instantly this lump in my stomach that made it so real that I was actually leaving tomorrow.   A man selling a huge beautiful bouquet of Huge red roses came in to the restaurant right then as well, and Kevin, the only guy still here in Roma, bought each of us 5 girls a beautiful rose-- which just topped off the night as one of the best! A last stop at our favorite gelato shop was in store as well. As the others went home to the apartment, I stopped to say goodbye to my friends at Pianostrada, and they fed me free wine and I stayed after closing, hugging and crying and saying farewells.  If I have learned one think, it is that although I am in the midst of some of the most beautiful scenery and monuments in the entire world, it is the people that truly make a place beautiful wherever you are.  I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to see somewhere as amazing as this.  
Xo, Meghan   

No comments: