July 19, 2014

one more sketch


During our last week in Rome, I have been trying to get in as many last minute sketches as I can. As our professor says, if you sketch what you see rather then take pictures, then you will have a better recollection and understanding of what you see(not in exact words). I Should have wrote that one down. So, in my last few days in Rome, I have been running around sketching and painting. Watercolor has become a bit addicting. I was a bit intimidated with watercolor before the program, but now I believe I have found a new love. It is extremely challenging yet can bring your drawings to life. I am still working on using more colors, giving my hand more freedom, and time management, but I am enjoying it. I have been inspired by my professor as well as my colleagues, and I hope to advance with each and every drawing. The drawing above was a watercolor I was working on this morning when a man kicked me out of the area because he needed to spray down the building. That is why it is incomplete.

No comments: