Italy and Rome have been the most fantastic hosts. In a place like Rome you can begin to feel so small near the monuments and places that set the stage for civilization's history. You can see that your life is just a blink in time but you can also see how much one life can change. You can see the complexity of people and our cities. The layers set one on top of another.
It's like no other place and I am glad I have been able to experience it as a student. I am a tourist, or maybe more like a visitor, but learning about this place and being able to really take the time to appreciate the small amount I have been able to see has been priceless. Even just experiencing the way that urban space is constructed here has taught me so much. Pedestrians are king and cars have to accommodate them. Public space becomes the living space for a community, people don't hide away in their homes.
I am also so happy to have spent my time here with great people. Leaving Rome was difficult but being able to say goodbye to some of my favorite places with Ciera, Meghan, and Kevin at six in the morning was the best way to leave. No one else around just being able to take in the beauty of everything one last time. Leaving Rome is hard. I think I will just have to come back.
July 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment