July 20, 2014

Just sitting here...

I'm just sitting here at the airport reminiscing about the experience I had here in Italy. It has, in fact, come to an end, and I'm not ready to leave. I am truly going to miss this place, and I now know why they say it will change your life. It has been so much more then I ever expected, and I will recommend it to every architecture/design student.

Although I spent 2 months in Rome, I believe we only scratched the surface of this complex city. Every day there is more to see/study. 5 days, 1 week, or even 2 weeks is, clearly, not enough time. With that, I'm glad that we spent the majority of our time in a city that I've wanted to visit my whole life.

From the beginning, in May, I was anxious and nervous. I had never ventured outside of the country before, but it was completely worth it and I believe I have grown a lot. I am incredibly thankful that the University of Idaho gave me the opportunity to study abroad. And, I also want to thank our professor for being so passionate about the program. To end my final blog post, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and finally, I want thank all of my colleges for making it an experience I will never forget.

No comments: