July 10, 2012

The Week of Stuido

This last week was dominated by one and really one thing only: Studio.  It was an adventure in itself to try and tackle the process of water coloring a project from the ground up.  No scanning, no photoshop, and no printing.  This meant I had to print whatever I had on 8.5 x 11 sheets, tape them together, trace that on to trace paper, and then trace that on to my water color paper.  For this, my roommates turned our apartments kitchen table into a tracing table put putting our lamps under it (creativity for the win!).  Next came stretching our paper.  It involves tape and water, and it utterly failed for me. First, due to the size of my project, it wold not fit on a desk.  Therefore, I moved three desk tops to the floor to tape them down.  Unfortunately they didn't stay taped the night.. But the next day I decided to cut my losses and paint.  So Ryan and i painted for an entire day, on the floor, using chair cushions for comfort when it was possible.  I am still in pain.  But the experience wouldn't have even been close to being the same without it.  In the end, I finished my project, and I'm prepared for a critique tomorrow!  I'm quite pleased with the results, given my inexperience with the medium, and I suppose I'll give everyone a sneak peak!  It comes as a bitter sweet time, as we head into our last week... So stay tuned for more feelings on that note.  May this last week really, really count.

No comments: