Things have really been heating up here in Rome! I have been
learning so much and becoming even more comfortable walking around the city.
We
have been working away at our design projects, during the week Mark Hovertsen
(The dean of the college of art and architecture) came to visit. While the dean
was here we had critiques and it was really great to get the view of somebody who
had a background in landscape architecture. After the critique I have been
going full steam a head making final changes for my piazza design, and I will
be beginning drawings for my final board!
Later
on in the week Matt took us on our final walking tour, which emphasized the
modern architecture in Rome, and we went to the Maxxi museum. The Maxxi, was
fantastic, the architecture stands out a lot from the rest of Roman architecture,
and the floor plan flows nicely.
![]() |
| Doodling at dinner. |
On
Friday we went to the Borghese Galleries, which housed some of my favorite art
pieces I have seen in Rome so far! Afterwards we strolled along the beautiful Villa
Borghese Park and enjoyed the grass trees and beautiful fountains.

No comments:
Post a Comment