July 11, 2012

Bittersweet Goodbye


My studio boards!
Well, we just finished giving our studio presentations. I cannot believe that with only two more sketching sessions, a sketching exhibition, and a group dinner ahead of us it marks the end of our study abroad time here in Rome. It is wierd how time behaves here - it goes by at the blink of the eye, and  yet at other times it feels like we have done/seen something here but it feels like forever ago.

Parting with Rome is a bittersweet endevour. Despite our best efforts, it is impossible to see and do everything (it sounds like a no brainer, yet we all still tried to do it) so of course I want to stay. Yet at the same time, I am ready to go home to familiar territory and have the chance to share my stories with family and friends.

On the brght side for me, just because classes are finished, that doesn't mean I am done with Europe! In a few days my husband Tyler is going to be joining me to go on a whirlwind trip through Europe, which includes: Rome, Venice, Flourence, Munich, Salsburg, Paris, and London. I cannot wait for my adventures to continue! I will miss you dearly Rome and I cannot wait until I can return again.

No comments: