July 09, 2012
'merica, Pisa, and Florence
This last week we celebrated the 4th of July by having an America party. Hotdogs, hamburgers, chips, ketchup, mustard, pop, and music. It was really fun and a great way to head into the last week of the program. This weekend a few of us took a train to Pisa. Leaning Tower leans more than I thought it did and it sits right next to a really beautiful church. We stayed two nights in Florence. The statue of David was really cool but really wish I had gone to the museum with the Boticelli paintings also. The main reason I wanted to go to Florence was to see the Cathedral. Outside is great and the inside is but in a different way. I hiked to the top of the dome and was able to see the structure inside including the brick. It was a nice place to have my last weekend trip and I hope to go back one day. Would definitely recommend it to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment