July 02, 2012

Week 6: Our Final Field Trip




We had our last field trip of the program this week. We travel to Spoleto, Perugia and Assisi, which are hill towns north of Rome. It was really nice to see another part of Italy and get the chance to explore around the hill towns. I found the change of pace really nice and enjoyable and I loved the atmosphere of the towns. During the trip I had the best meal I have had the entire time I have been in Italy, while we were in Perugia. It was zucchini lasagna with a white sauce that was absolutely to die for. It was so moist and flavorful. The nightlife in Perugia was pretty amazing, so we spent our night as a group hanging out in the main piazza, which was absolutely beautiful. It was a rather fun experience. Topped off, by meeting one of the locals and engaging in an interesting conversation that lasted for about thirty minutes on the steps outside the church leading into the main piazza. Assisi was just as equally beautiful as Perugia, but had a completely different vibe. My favorite part of the field trip, however, was watching Italy beat England. It was a really exciting match, which Italy won in a shoot out. Sketching and studying the towns and how they worked was very intriguing and relaxing. There was so many good subjects and place I felt like I didn’t have enough time, but I still manage to get a lot of work done and learned a lot. It’s sad that school is starting to come to a close seeming we only have two week left and I know they are going to fly by, because we have a lot of stuff due in the coming week. Plus, I’m going to be trying to fit in seeing more of Rome and doing all I can do/ think of with the remaining two week. 

No comments: