July 15, 2013

Week 7

Last week of classes! The past week everyone has been in studio working hard on their final boards--and the outcome was fantastic! Many of us had never watercolored before this trip so seeing final boards successfully done in watercolor was nice to see. Throughout this trip it has been very rewarding being able to see marked progress in everyone's work, and the boards were no exception to that. After we had a discussion about the program and wrapped studio up. The next day we all got together for our final sketching lesson with Matt at the Ponte Sisto.
 We all were able to put our skills to the test because of the challenging bridge--proportion and perspective are hard to capture when the subject is a large bridge. To finally bring things to a close we took one final group photo. In the days since the program came to a close I have been exploring the city and sketching. I can't believe that these two months flew by and I am grateful for this opportunity.





No comments: