July 10, 2013

It's crazy to think yesterday we handed in our final projects. It feels like just last week we were being assigned our studio projects, all slightly confused as to what exactly we were being asked to do, and how I would muster up the work ethic to complete all of the work while in such an amazing but distracting city. However I can say that I think we all did an incredible job on our projects, and while most of us were scared senseless to watercolor our final boards, everyone did a fantastic job! Looking around yesterday, and then today during out last sketching session and seeing 'before and afters' of sketching locations we revisited after our first day of class was so exciting to see just how far we've all come in our graphics communication. A five minute sketch does not seem impossible, and an hour sketch seems excessive. I've found now when I look at a building or object, one of the first things I notice are the shadows that are being cast onto its surfaces. It's just so great how sketching and analyzing spaces so much changes your way of thinking as you consciously are training your brain and your eye for what to see instead of what it thinks it sees. As crazy as school gets in the fall, I really want to keep up with sketching, and taking Analogue Graphics will definitely help with that. Overall these sketching classes have been incredibly encouraging, even though at the time it seemed like the most frustrating task, and I know I will continue to sketch as much as I can wherever I can!

No comments: