July 15, 2013

It has come… week 7

This last week was so hectic with our final critiques. I worked hard all week long on my final presentation board that was completely done with watercolor. It was my first time ever using watercolors fully and it will not be my last. Our presentation of our boards was very relaxed, which I really appreciated because I got to walk around and look at everyone’s work; which was fantastic. Everyone did such an incredible and I could see how much everyone’s skills have matured since we have been in Rome. On Wednesday we had our final sketch class where we went back to where we first started and drew the church and the five roads we first drew on that day. Everyone saw their improvement when they looked back on those first sketches. It was extremely rewarding for me to see my improvement. It was sad that it was our last class but exciting because we still had a full week to appreciate Rome.

This last week has been outstanding, although sad. I went back to all my favorite place and got up very early several times to go to monuments to appreciate them all by themselves with no else around. I explored the city to my fullest capacity and loved every moment. I am sad to leave but I know I will return one day because I have now fallen in love with the city of Rome.

No comments: