The last week was a busy one with little sleep, but far from unpleasant. We finished up our history projects and following that week finished our Studio design Piazza projects. The history project is a conglomeration of documentation that I still cant wait to sort out further and process into drawings that truly represent the information in a comprehensive way. The further I researched and copied the old maps of what the Piazza used to look like, the more it fueled my desire to learn more about the ancient spaces. To capture that lapse of time through humanity and architecture in just a few drawings will be a challenge, but I'm willing to take it on :) The studio projects were surprisingly refreshing to finish. Instead of the usual frantic last couple of days we usually have in finishing up a project, watercoloring our final boards let me loosen up and enjoy the some 10 hours I used spending painting them. I was shocked to find it so relaxing and enjoyable, and also surprised to find that it came out looking glorious! It was definitely a moment of accomplishment that I felt for myself and I definitely look forward to using it as a medium in future studio design board layouts. It opened the doors to a world or relaxing work where I enjoy my long periods of time spent on studio projects, rather than exhausting myself on a computer all night. :) I can surely thank Rome, and Matt Brehm for giving me the bravery (and knowledge) to use it!
This last week will be its own sort of frenzy however, with all our lists of "Things to go back to", "Things to See", "Things to Sketch", and "Gifts to Buy". And I certainly have my fair share of things on each of those lists. So these last few days are saved for those things, and the time to do it gets shorter every second! We are just enjoying every last bit we have here, and the realization that it will be over soon makes every moment that much more special. SO THE FRENZY BEGINS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment