May 31, 2009

Unexpected Surprises


Roma. What a great opportunity to have to be able to experience first hand all of the architecture, history, and magic that is discovered layer upon layer, year after year, and within each turn taken in the streets. Before coming to Roma, I always thought that it was a city of great monuments and a very long history, which it is, but there is so much more to the city than that. For instance on my second outing after arriving in the city, Beth and I decided to go for a walk and explore our neighborhood. I had no idea that we would stumble across such beauty living on the walls of an ordinary building. There are surprises around every corner, and if we look close enough there are surprises in every glance, just waiting for us to find them experience them and marvel at their beauty.

No comments: