May 30, 2009





My experience in Roma so far has been absolutely amazing! There is so much to learn, surely more than can be discovered during the next two months. Our first week of classes are over and I'm starting to get a feel for what the next two months will be like and also getting acquainted with this city that was very overwhelming at first.




The walking tours we've been on so far have proved that there is so much to learn about Roma, its history and its culture. Seeing the many layers of the city's past and present first hand is a truly fascinating experience and I can't wait to see and learn more.

Our first day of sketching we spent in the narrow streets of Trastevere near our apartment and yesterday we sketched at the Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo, and Villa Guilia. I really enjoy the more personal understanding of Roma's buildings and piazzas that comes from sketching. I am looking forward to every day that I am lucky enough to spend in this incredible city. Ciao!

No comments: