I am so excited for this opportunity to be in Italy! It's been so amazing thus far! We were able to go on a walking tour this past Sunday as a group and I was in awe of it all! I am so anxious to continue to see and learn more and more each day as the summer progresses.
One moment I will not forget since I've been here, is when Matt led us around the corner and there was the Pantheon! I was truly stunned. It's crazy how you can read about something in a book, and see it in pictures, but seeing it right in front of you....I never would have imagined.
Another thing I find so interesting is all of the small alleyways that wind around throughout the city. Every time you walk around the corner you see something new--whether it be a shop or a monument, there is so much to see!
I think that by being fortunate enough to take advantage of this opportunity, I hope to not only better my architecture skills, ability, and knowledge, but also to gain a better understanding of the culture here as well. I haven't traveled as much outside of the states so it has definitely been a learning experience thus far and I'm so grateful for the chance I have to be here with such an amazing group of people!
No comments:
Post a Comment