May 29, 2009

In awe..


ROMA! This is truly the most eye-opening experience I have ever had. I honestly never thought I would be doing something like this. Rome truly is an amazing place. You see so many pictures of these places but one can never really grasp the magnitude of these places and structures until you are actually there, standing in front of it. It is almost overwhelming. I am so grateful to be in such a historic city and learning to appreciate the production of these spaces, buildings, and monuments. A surprise around every corner, an adventure on every turn, a bottomless pit of visual and historical information. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of Rome and I feel like I have taken in SO much. If anyone is thinking or even remotely considering doing something like this, studying abroad, DO IT! It is definitely worth it. Until next time... arrivederci!! Ci vediamo dopo!

1 comment:

pops said...

you're all awesome!